● It was released as an ICO in 2017
● The project has a cap of 45 billion ADA. Approximately 26 billion ADA was sold for 62 million USD
● Approximately 31 billion ADA is in circulation
● Cardano is a proof-of-stake blockchain platform: it was the first to be founded on peer-reviewed research and developed from evidence-based methods. It combines pioneering technologies to provide unparalleled security and sustainability to decentralised applications, systems, and society overall.
● Cardano, a smart contract platform, offers high scalability and security thanks to a layered architecture
● Cardano’s lowest price was $0.017354 (1 October 2017), its highest price was $1.33 (4 January 2018)
● The Cardano project is backed by three organisations. Software development is handled by IOHK, while the independent Swiss-based Cardano Foundation is in charge of the ecosystem. Emurgo is Cardano’s the commercial wing of the company
● Cardano is one of the first blockchain projects written in the Haskell programming language, using complex mathematical logic
● The initial concept for the project came from Charles Hoskinson, one of the founding partners of Ethereum
● ADA holders can take part in the development process. They can make suggestions for the blockchain and the development of the project, and vote on the proposed proposals
BtcTurk, Turkey’s largest cryptocurrency exchange was founded by Kerem Tibuk in 2013 and operates under CEO Özgür Güneri. It was the first of its kind in Turkey and the fourth to cryptocurrency exchange launch worldwide. BtcTurk, which acted as intermediary for the first Bitcoin trading transaction with Turkish Lira on 1 July 2013, now has more than 120 employees. Managed by Eliptik Yazılım ve Ticaret AŞ, BtcTurk provides services to more than one million users 24 hours a day, seven days a week.